Monday, June 15, 2009

To cool or not to cool...

This is my air conditioner as of June 15, 2009 at 6:22pm. Notice the lovely plastic and duct tape? It is still covered and in its 'winter' state. (This is my apartment complex's idea of winterizing.) I hope to keep it this way until, well... hopefully all summer long. This is the year that I am going to try to find alternate, less energy consuming ways to keep myself and my family cooler. Well, at least go as long as humanly possible without turning this beast on. It will be tough but I am ready for the challenge.

At this point last year, I had already uncovered, cleaned, vacuumed the vents, plugged in, and even turned it on. This spring has been exceptionally cooler so it is still all bundled up in plastic. I know that I will turn it on at some point this summer but am hoping it will be just for short periods of time and not for weeks at a time like last year. (and the year before, and the year before that....)

I look forward to the fall and my electric bill not being as shocking as in years past.

No comments:

Post a Comment