Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Update: MP3 is victorious! (well, somewhat.)

So, I tried the whole, trying to dry up oil from inside of a MP3 player in a bag of rice thing... to no avail. Well, I take that back. I guess it kind of worked. Or maybe just worked a little? Whatever. It plays, doesn't seem to be getting too warm, holds a charge. The only signs that something happened to the device are slight oil marks on the screen itself. Whatever type of screen a 8GB Microsoft Zune has in the first place.


The light/ white spots you see are oil deposits/blobs or just what is still wet inside of the player. I have no idea. I was contemplating trying to figure out how to open up this bad boy but... um, yeah, I know I would never get it back together again.

So for the meantime, I have a working MP3 player. For how long? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment